[Xapian-devel] Dynamic Snippets - small scale result testing

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Mar 13 02:07:37 GMT 2013

On Sun, Feb 03, 2013 at 11:32:44AM +0200, Mihai Bivol wrote:
> 2013/2/3 Peter Karman <peter at peknet.com>:
> > was there ever any final assessment of this project?

In GSoC terms, Mihai passed both the mid-term and final evaluation.

In terms of "does the code work", the snippets produced seemed good to
me.

> The final results, though with a small number of assessments was a bit
> over 3. So the snippets were quite relevant, but not the best that
> could be selected. The constants that yielded the best results are
> present in the repository in which I worked.

I think this feature is working well enough that we really should get
it merged to trunk.  If there's room for further improvements, that
can then happen on trunk.  If those improvements need API tweaks, we
can cope with that, at least until we come to releasing 1.4.0.

It looks like Mihai started to work towards merging (I see a gsoc-merge
branch in his git repo), so I think I may have dropped the ball on this
one, and I'm very sorry if that's the case.

Mihai - can you confirm if the gsoc-merge branch is what we should be
looking at merging to trunk?  If it is, we can get on with reviewing
and applying those changes.