[Xapian-devel] Unable to install svn/clustering branch on my system

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Apr 13 09:16:53 BST 2014

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 01:35:00PM +0530, Satwant Rana wrote:
> I tried the suggested changes, but still haven't been able to compile the
> branch.
> Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/HR17USXR

You can just create the missing m4 directories, so for this one:

mkdir xapian-applications/omega/m4

The problem is that git doesn't track directories, only files, so empty
directories can't be represented - SVN tracks directories, so can.

In trunk, bootstrap creates these empty directories if they don't
already exist, but the clustering branch pre-dates our git mirror.