[Xapian-devel] Unable to install svn/clustering branch on my system

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Sun Apr 13 16:50:02 BST 2014

On 13 Apr 2014, at 10:10, Satwant Rana <sat8003wantrana at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply, Olly. So, I was able to bootstrap and configure it, but this is what I get when I make it.

The branch is very old, and so doesn't play well with more recent compilers &c. As a short-term fix, reconfigure with some different CXXFLAGS:

./configure --enable-maintainer-mode CXXFLAGS='-Wno-error -fpermissive -g -O2'

(assuming you're using gcc/g++ this should be fine)

It just stops warnings from acting as errors, and turns off another check which trips up our older code.

If this branch is going to be used, all these issues will have to be fixed and the branch changes brought in line with master. I *believe* it should just be those variable shadowing problems, as the others are in parts of the code that are nothing to do with clustering.

 James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
 xapian.org