[Xapian-devel] Help with xapian

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Dec 15 22:36:33 GMT 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 06:56:39PM +0530, karthik iyer wrote:
> Could some one tell me some specific expectations from Letor for GSOC
> 2015?

To quote the project ideas list:

| The focus for 2015 should be to consolidate the work done so far and
| get it to a state where we can include it in a stable release. The big
| task here is adding automated test cases for the LTR code such that it
| has similarly good test coverage to xapian-core, and fixing the
| problems which doing so will undoubtedly uncover.

http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/GSoCProjectIdeas#Project:LearningtoRank

While I wouldn't entirely rule out accepting a proposal which also added
support for something new (e.g. another learning algorithm), that would
really need to be a secondary phase, to be done once the module has been
brought to a releasable state, if time allows.

> I am currently trying out some learning algorithm
> implementations but need some help with it. Can Parth, James and
> others related to LETOR please tell me the IRC availability for the
> next few days.

I don't think many of us have fixed "IRC hours".  The best thing to do
is ask a question in the channel, and wait for a response.