[Xapian-devel] Test errors on fresh installation

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Feb 28 11:47:05 GMT 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 09:30:12PM +0530, Ankit Agrawal wrote:
>         Thanks for the explicit and easy to follow instructions. This is
> the backtrace <http://pastebin.com/QDzBJxZ2> that I am getting and the
> source seems to be SWIG. Although highly unlikely(due to a recently solved
> SWIG ticket), I would just like to confirm whether this error is being
> replicated on other user's machines? Thanks.

OK, so for anyone else getting this error, the problem was that the SVN
to git mirroring script wasn't getting triggered, and so the git tree
was missing a recent fix to SWIG which fixed this bug.  If you pull
changes from the xapian repo (or a mirror of it), and rerun "make"
at the top level, the python3 tests should pass.

I've set the mirroring script to also be run from cron every 20 minutes,
so if the triggering fails to produce a near instantaneous update, it
will at least not lag behind for long.