[Xapian-devel] some errors in latest version

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jun 18 06:53:01 BST 2014

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 09:09:03AM +0800, Hurricane Tong wrote:
> I try to get latest version of xapian, I use
> git clone git://git.xapian.org/xapian
> ./bootstrap --without-autotools
> but,
> Bootstrapping `xapian-core'
> ./bootstrap: 500: ./bootstrap: autoreconf: not found
> Bootstrap failed

If you tell bootstrap not to fetch and build the autotools for itself,
then you'll need to have suitable versions installed.  It looks like you
don't have autoconf installed (autoreconf is part of autoconf).

I wouldn't recommend using "--without-autotools".  If bootstrap is
unable to download the sources (maybe you haven't set things up so
wget can work through your web proxy) then you can download them by hand
and copy them into the BUILD subdirectory.

> Then I download xapian-core-1.3.1_git575.tar.xz
> from http://oligarchy.co.uk/xapian/trunk/
> When I run tests without any modification , I get
> VALGRIND= ./runtest ./apitest -b brass
> Running test: bb2weight3... AssertionError: api/leafpostlist.cc:79: sumpart <= weight->get_maxpart() : values were 1.6070873662931723924 and nan

Aarsh is working on fixing this one.  For the moment, the simplest fix
is just to comment out the assertion (line 79 of api/leafpostlist.cc).

However, beware that this snapshot is also several days old - the
snapshot builder hasn't completed a run recently for various reasons.

> Running test: stubdb2... NetworkError: Received EOF (context: remote:prog(../bin/xapian-progsrv .brass/db=apitest_simpledata)

I'm not seeing this one myself.  I'd suggest cleaning out the cached
test database, and running just that test with verbose on:

cd tests
make clean-local
./runtest ./apitest -b brass -v