[Xapian-devel] GSoC Idea

Sidhant Panda sidhantpanda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 09:35:46 GMT 2014

Hi,

I would like to contribute to the "Weighting Schemes" project. I have
previously worked with weighting schemes like tf-idf.

My past experience was in a project which was able to successfully classify
a text question into its subject (like Physics) and also its sub topic
(like reflection, refraction etc) based on an ontology built from crawling
wikipedia articles.

The major problem with text categoriztion is that the system doesn't take
into account the context of the query.

I would like to propose an alternate measure based on a "confidence
measure". I am currently trying to implement the same in another project. I
have attached the paper which talks about this "confidence" measure.

Regards
Sidhant Panda