[Xapian-devel] some errors

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Mar 6 10:50:18 GMT 2014

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 05:31:54PM +0800, Hurricane Tong wrote:
> LOGCALL is used, so we should use RETURN rather than return.
> Because of the use of "return", my complier give a warning
>
> typedef 'xapian_logcall_return_type_' locally defined but not used [-Werror=unused-local-typedefs]      typedef TYPE xapian_logcall_return_type_; \

This code hasn't changed recently, so I am guessing you've either
changed compiler (to clang or a recent GCC I suspect) or reran configure
with --enable-log since your previous builds?

Either way, patches to fix warnings are always welcome.  As you say, we
should be using the RETURN macro here, which will both avoid the warning
and mean the log can report the value returned.