[Xapian-devel] some errors

Hurricane Tong zhangshangtong.cpp at qq.com
Thu Mar 6 09:31:54 GMT 2014

Hi,

Today I build latest xapian from git, and find some errors.
For example, in xapian-core/api/valueiterator.cc, Line 141,

bool

ValueIterator::check(Xapian::docid did)

{

    LOGCALL(API, bool, "ValueIterator::check", did);

    if (internal) {

    if (!internal->check(did)) return false;

    if (internal->at_end()) {

        decref();

        internal = NULL;

    }

    }

    return true;

}

LOGCALL is used, so we should use RETURN rather than return.
Because of the use of "return", my complier give a warning

typedef 'xapian_logcall_return_type_' locally defined but not used [-Werror=unused-local-typedefs]      typedef TYPE xapian_logcall_return_type_; \

which is regarded as an error, so I can get it built.

And it seems there are lots of same errors, e.g. in omdatabase.cc, Line 126
omdocument.cc, omenquire.cc, queryinternal.cc ....and so on...

Shangtong Zhang,Second Year Undergraduate,
School of Computer Science,
Fudan University, China.