[Xapian-devel] Regarding GSOC 2014

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Mar 7 23:22:23 GMT 2014

On Sat, Mar 08, 2014 at 03:40:19AM +0530, Anurag Soni wrote:
> /xapian/xapian-core/matcher/maxpostlist.cc: In member function 'virtual
> Xapian::doccount MaxPostList::get_termfreq_est() const':
> xapian/xapian-core/matcher/maxpostlist.cc:69:2: error:
> 'xapian_logcall_return_type_' was not declared in this scope
> xapian/xapian-core/matcher/maxpostlist.cc:69:2: error: expected ';' before
> 'xapian_logcall_return_'
> xapian/xapian-core/matcher/maxpostlist.cc:69:2: error: 'xapian_logcall_'
> was not declared in this scope
> xapian/xapian-core/matcher/maxpostlist.cc:69:2: error:
> 'xapian_logcall_return_' was not declared in this scope

The problem is with some recently added code - it's using the "RETURN"
macro which is part of the logging machinery, but these methods are
missing the "LOGCALL" macros at the start.  When logging isn't enabled,
"RETURN" just expands to "return", but I guess you must have used
--enable-log when you configured.

I've commited a fix (just use return here for now), so if you "git pull"
then it should build.  I didn't check with --enable-log yet though -
if you hit further such issues, the fix is probably just to change the
code to use "return".