[Xapian-devel] Proposal Outline

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Mar 14 23:20:21 GMT 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 03:17:34AM +0530, Mayank Chaudhary wrote:
> The evaluation metric(MAP) value just became double when the number of
> features are reduced from 15 to 1. It's really motivating to implement the
> feature selection algorithm. I was wondering if we could've more features
> to add to feature vector so that we may have a considerable number of
> features to select from.

I'd agree with Parth that making it easy to add support for new features
would be very useful.  If there's time, you could also actually add some
more features (so perhaps that's a good "optional goal" for your
proposal), but I think that's less important than getting the module to
a state where users can easily start to use it.