[Xapian-devel] GSoC - Official Start of Coding

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue May 20 13:37:50 BST 2014

The official start of coding date was Monday this week (19th May).

I've just been checking the web pages for each of your projects under:

http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/GSoC2014/

I notice most of you haven't yet filled in the "WORK HOURS" details
there - we realise you probably won't be working exactly the same hours
every day, but it's very useful for us to have some idea when we can
expect you to be around.

We also encourage you to hang out on IRC in #xapian on freenode at least
while you are working, as that makes interaction easier.

As I mentioned before, we can set you up with a quasselcore account
if you would find that useful - this means you stay on IRC even when
not online, and avoids the frequent disconnects you get when trying
to use the freenode web UI through a firewall which times out
connections.  There are also

The other important thing to do (also via the URL above) is to fill in
the journal each day you've worked.  It doesn't need to be an essay each
day - a sentence or two is OK if that is enough to summarise what you
did.