[Xapian-devel] the influence of the change of the doclen chunk format

Hurricane Tong zhangshangtong.cpp at qq.com
Wed May 21 15:14:15 BST 2014

Hi,

I am going to make a patch applying new doclen chunk format.
But I can't figure out the influence of the change.
Olly once said the procedure of matching will use the doclen postlist.
How can I find all the components that use the doclen postlist?
As the fixed-width format is designed for contiguous docids,
I just want to apply this format to doclen postlist, rather than ordinary term postlist.
So I can't just change the PostlistChunkReader.

And how can I get some real doclen data to test the performance of the new format?
Or I just generate some data randomly.

Best Regards

Shangtong Zhang,Second Year Undergraduate,
School of Computer Science,
Fudan University, China.