[Xapian-devel] GSOC 2015

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Nov 10 04:22:02 GMT 2014

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 06:40:40PM +0000, Geetika Batra wrote:
> I have been practicing C# for a while now and want to hone my
> skills.Your organization is a reputed one and just the idea of working
> with the brightest and the most talented people is very intriguing.I
> would request you to aware me with the details of your upcoming
> projects and those associated with GSOC 2015.

You can find our list of project ideas for GSoC 2015 on the wiki:

http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/GSoCProjectIdeas

But note that it's just a list of ideas (you can propose your own
project providing it fits with the aims of Xapian, and with the
rules of GSoC).  It's also likely that the list will evolve over
the next few months - you're at the early end of students showing
interest, which is certainly not a bad thing, but it does take us
time to sort out pending issues from the previous year's GSoC and
get ready for the next year.

> Also I have read the xapian doc for c# binding,please enlighten me how
> to proceed.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest checking out the Xapian code
from git and getting it to build.  Then find yourself a mini
project to work on - fix a bug, or do some initial investigation
of a GSoC project that interests your, or take a look at our
list of "bite-size" projects:

http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/ProjectIdeas

If you are particularly interested in C#, you could pick something
about the current bindings which you think could be improved, and
see if you can improve it.

Good luck!