[Xapian-devel] Student looking to contribute toward Xapian

Rohit Shinde rohit.shinde12194 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 12:51:27 BST 2015

Hello everyone,

I have recently completed my engineering in Computer Science. I came across
Xapian while looking for GSoC organisations. I was browsing through the
ideas page and it was written that you would be willing to mentor anyone
interested in working on those projects. I am interested in this:
http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/GSoCProjectIdeas#Project:LearningtoRank  and
this: http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/GSoCProjectIdeas#Project:WeightingSchemes.

I can program fairly well in Python, Java, C++ and Scheme. I have taken
courses in Machine Learning and Data Mining. My major project was in NLP so
I have fair knowledge of that field too.

What project should I choose and how should I get started?

Thank you,
Rohit Shinde.