[Xapian-devel] Trying to get Search::Xapian perl module to compile on win32

Jean-Francois Dockes jf at dockes.org
Tue Nov 3 06:55:30 GMT 2015

Olly Betts writes:
 > On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 01:51:07PM +0000, Desmond Daignault wrote:
 > > any code I write for this is expected to be licensed under whatever
 > > license the original work is using.
 >
 > That isn't what the patch licensing policy asks for though.  Please read
 > it carefully, as it explains both what we're asking for and why we're
 > asking for it.
 >
 > > I haven't tried compiling latest code under visual studio yet (is this
 > > possible?).
 >
 > It should be, though it's not regularly tested lately, so may need some
 > changes.

If it is of any interest, I have compiled xapian-core-1.2.21 with Visual
Studio 2015 recently. I think I started from the files available for 1.2.8.
The project files are at the following URL (look at the README).

https://bitbucket.org/medoc/recoll-windows-deps/src/6debe5f31ec6369c204f3c3cbf41e47cbfcdc0fc/xapian/?at=default

The Xapian source needed no changes (there were small issues in 1.2.8, but
they were all fixed in 1.2.21).

Cheers,

jf