Pull requests: CJK words and Snippet generator

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Dec 14 12:08:57 GMT 2016

On Wed, 14 Dec 2016, at 22:41, Robert Stepanek wrote:
> I haven't had a chance to look at the patch and won't be able to do
> before January. Its design description sounds promising, though.
>
> The snippet generator code linked to by Bron contains mostly the same
> code as in my pull request, with two exceptions: it adds a flag to make
> the generator return the empty string for snippets without any matching
> terms. And it includes a fix to a possible memory corruption (only
> impacted our forked version).

I already merged the memory corruption fix back into the patch it affected.

The code it running in production at FastMail and working quite nicely :)

The only thing we're tempted to look at is making it return the snippets as an array out to the client rather than returning a string with ... separators, just so that the client can decide which bits to show based on trying to show all the matches even on smaller screens.

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm