Weighting Schemes: Evaluation results

Vivek Pal vivekpal.dtu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 07:51:56 BST 2016

Sorry, I've made all gists public. https://gist.github.com/ivmarkp

> Great, thanks; it's worth noting this somewhere (maybe on your project
> wiki page).

Okay, I'll update the project plan page with more details related to
dataset used for evaluation runs.

> Certainly until we have something where evaluation shows an
> improvement, we shouldn't change the default.

Yes, I think the same and I feel it'd still be worth having these new
weighting schemes as alternatives in Xapian
as for e.g. PL2+ shows some better results already on the news collection
that we currently have. Likewise we
might see similar promising results from other weighting schemes as well by
evaluating them on web collections.

Thanks,
Vivek