Pull requests: CJK words and Snippet generator

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Fri Jul 29 13:01:55 BST 2016

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016, at 20:12, rsto at paranoia.at wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2016, at 00:22, James Aylett wrote:
> > I wonder if we can arrange suitable defaults to use your
> > implementation with the older API, and come up with a newer API that
> > allows a SnippetGenerator class to be used from the MSet.
>
> The FastMail snippet generator has been written when MSet didn't create
> snippets. I'll first compare both implementations to see if there is a
> good reason for them to coexist, or might just as well merge any
> additional features into MSet.

As the sponsor of this work, I definitely want to have it in the most supported form for upstream so that it can be accepted easily, both from a generous point of view that I'd like the rest of the world to benefit, and from a very selfish point of view that I don't want us to have to keep maintaining these patches!

The snippet generator code was initially written in 2011, and the original author isn't working for us any more, so it's definitely not up to date with the latest APIs :)

Cheers,

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana