Pull requests: CJK words and Snippet generator

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Fri Jul 29 14:05:20 BST 2016

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 10:01:55PM +1000, Bron Gondwana wrote:

> > The FastMail snippet generator has been written when MSet didn't create
> > snippets. I'll first compare both implementations to see if there is a
> > good reason for them to coexist, or might just as well merge any
> > additional features into MSet.
>
> As the sponsor of this work, I definitely want to have it in the
> most supported form for upstream so that it can be accepted easily,
> both from a generous point of view that I'd like the rest of the
> world to benefit, and from a very selfish point of view that I don't
> want us to have to keep maintaining these patches!

:)

I'd also like to get the most powerful options for snippet generation
into the hands of our users. I'm pretty sure we can come up with a
good way of doing this without losing backward compatibility with
anyone using the current MSet snippet generator.

> The snippet generator code was initially written in 2011, and the
> original author isn't working for us any more, so it's definitely
> not up to date with the latest APIs :)

Actually, the fact that it's separate makes it a lot easier to plot
out a route for how to integrate things, I suspect :)

  James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
  xapian.org