GSoC 2016 "Project: Weighting Schemes"

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Fri Mar 4 14:39:32 GMT 2016

On Thu, Mar 03, 2016 at 07:55:33PM +0530, Abhishek Kumar wrote:

> I am Abhishek Kumar, Computer Science sophomore from India.I am interested
> in Weighting Schemes project.I have written a pdf collection crawler and
> used Okapi-BM25 algorithm and tf-idf models.I have good experience in C++
> programming.I have also taken courses in Probability and Real Analysis.Can
> someone please help me how to get started,some easy bugs etc.
> I'll be glad to have your help and suggestions.

Hi Abhishek -- have you followed through our guide for potential GSoC
students? (https://trac.xapian.org/wiki/GSoC%20Guide) That includes some
recommendations of how to get going. We currently don't have "easy"
bugs tagged separately, unfortunately, but there is a list of smaller
enhancements.

  James Aylett

  devfort.com - spacelog.org - xapian.org