GSOC 2016 project on Ranking

Arnav Jain arnavkj95 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 15:47:17 GMT 2016

Hello Sir,

I am a third-year student at the Department of mathematics at IIT
Kharagpur. I have good experience in Information Retrieval and Machine
Learning. I have read many chapters of the book Introduction to Information
Retrieval. Recently I am doing a project on tagging a question on a Q&A
Forum using ranking the tags and probabilistic inference. I also have
software development experience in C/C++, Java and Python. I was a part of
the team that won Bronze in FIRA World Cup, 2015. I have some ideas and
would like to discuss with the mentors on the Ranking projects. I have read
the documentation, reading some research papers on best ranking methods
that can be implemented and going through the code.

Looking forward to speaking with you!

Arnav Jain,
3rd Year undergraduate student,
Department of Mathematics,
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur