Unable to generate lcov test coverage reports (Out of memory error)

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Mar 14 05:38:11 GMT 2016

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 11:24:51PM -0400, Ayush Tomar wrote:
> Thanks for your help. I was using version 1.19 of lcov. Getting version
> 1.11 fixed the issue.

I guess you mean 1.9?  There's no lcov 1.19 yet.

Using lcov 1.9 won't work properly even if you have enough memory - it
fails to correctly handle different starting directories for relative
paths when building the sources in libxapian vs when building the
sources in the testsuite.

That was fixed in lcov 1.10, which is why it's documented at the minimum
requirement in HACKING:

| To use lcov (at least version 1.10) to generate a test coverage report [...]

Anyway, glad it's working for you now.