query regarding matcher optimisation and proposal submission
sanatskj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 18:59:41 GMT 2016
I would be really grateful if you could clear my following queries:
1) In the ticket #215 (Boolean OR could be optimised further)
(i) Is there a predefined function to sort the posting lists in order of
term frequency? If yes then where can I find it?
(ii) What does the following paragraph means as given in the above link:
“We'd need to keep track of which sub-postlists have been moved up to the
current position, and which haven't. When next() is called, we'd call
next() on any sub-postlists which are up-to-date, but we would need to call
skip_to() on any other sub-postlists which are further behind.”
(iii) And can you please tell me what is the difference between next() and
2) is there any explanation for ticket #394 (Speed up phrase queries with a
3) Also can you please tell me where can I find some explanation of
OP_SYNONYM as required in
Ticket #400 (Optimise AND_MAYBE when the RHS has a maxweight of 0)
4) I am new to GSOC so can you please guide me, where should I submit my
first draft proposal to you for your feedback, should it be this email or
should I submit it on GSOC main website and then edit it later?
5) i am planning to take ticket #215 before mid term evaluation and ticket
#400 or # 394 after it, please guide me if this is acceptable approach or
suggest any changes.
Thank you so much for your kind help.
Sanat Kumar Jain
B.E. Computer Engineering
Thapar University, Patiala
India(GMT +5hr 30min)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Xapian-devel