GSoC 2016 Introduction

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Mon May 23 21:04:10 BST 2016

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 01:51:21PM +0530, Ayush Tomar wrote:

> I have added the link to updated timeline
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eTddH84nEI_blouiUm8xcOMEVpvBJxuGnZ9LLaSevR0/edit?usp=sharing>
> on my project page. It's almost the same as the one I proposed initially,
> except that I've tried to keep the entire August as buffer period for
> stretch goals or for any improvements. Please review and comment.

This mostly looks fine; it might be worth breaking the June 13 -- June
26 period into smaller blocks (probably 1 & 2 together, then some
estimates on the remaining pieces) so it's clear if you're running
faster/slower than expected before we hit midterm.

After the midterm evaluation we can use the experience up to there to
plan August.

> I'm sorry for not being active during last few weeks due to exams.

Don't worry about it! Hope the remaining ones go well.

  James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
  xapian.org