New to Xapian project

Touqir Sajed touqir at ualberta.ca
Sat Oct 1 23:47:41 BST 2016

Hi,

I am currently pursuing my computing science bachelors degree at
university of Alberta, Canada. My speciality lie in Information
retrieval, machine learning and data mining. In order to get hands on
experience with real world information retrieval systems, I would like
to contribute to the Xapian project. I have been going through some of
the project ideas in https://trac.xapian.org/wiki/GSoCProjectIdeas. I
am interested on the project "Clustering of Search Results" since I
also have some experience with clustering in machine learning. Would
you be able to let me know the status of this project?? Once I get
familiar with its codebase and the current system status, I can think
of possible extensions and ways of improving it. Feel free to share
any directions that you think is preferable.

If you have any sort of question feel free to ask. Wish you all a
delightful weekend!

Cheers,
Touqir