Segmentation fault in matcher/queryoptimiser

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Aug 8 06:13:58 BST 2017

On Wed, Aug 02, 2017 at 03:06:27PM +0200, Robert Stepanek wrote:
> I've created ticket #752 (https://trac.xapian.org/ticket/752).

Thanks.  I'll continue the technical discussion there.

> We are testing the patch to set hint to NULL currently. I'll wait this
> week to see if we experience any crashers related to it.

It's been a week - how does that patch look?

It would be good to get a fix for this out, and it's really about time we
released 1.4.5 anyway.  Setting the hint to NULL seems like it should be an
improvement over the current situation, so we could certainly do that for
1.4.5 if we don't have a conclusion on which approach to take in the longer
term.