Regarding GSoC 2017

Prakhar Pratyush er.prakhar2b at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 00:26:55 GMT 2017

Hello,

My name is Prakhar Pratyush. I am a 4th year Electronics & Communication
engineering undergraduate student at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
Roorkee.
My primary areas of Interest are machine learning, and Information Security
and I am proficient in C++/Python/JavaScript programming languages as well.

I was looking into the past gsoc organizations, and I came across Xapian. I
looked into the ideas page, and I found the project "Learning to Rank
Stabilisation" interesting.

I would like to know more about this project (targeted work for gsoc'17)
and as the organization is willing to mentor right away, I would appreciate
if someone could get me started with the code base/ beginner bug or
relevant readings.

I would also like to know if there is any selection criteria, like
qualification task or patch submission etc.

Thanks
Prakhar