Logging the click data

Vivek Pal vivekpal.dtu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 23:12:47 BST 2017

> There's a lot of flexibility already, because the log format is just
> omegascript. So I don't think you need to implement a new command to
> achieve this. (Although you might need a command to generate the query
> id. It depends on how you're going to do that.)

Ok, I'll try adapting the existing log command to achieve the kind of
logging
we want.

And, about the command to generate unique query ids, I've been thinking
to tackle this as a kind of hashing problem where we'll basically provide
the
query text as input to generate a unique id as output. Although, coming
up with a 100% collision-free hashing algorithm for this task is something
worth considering first. Other caveats include max length of the generated
unique id string and whether we should truncate leading whitespaces from
the query text to avoid "essentially same" queries from being recorded in
different entries in the log file. What do you suggest?

Thanks,
Vivek