Logging the click data

James Aylett james at tartarus.org
Tue Jun 6 19:47:31 BST 2017

On 6 Jun 2017, at 12:45, Vivek Pal <vivekpal.dtu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now for the first step i.e logging separate entries for each executed
> search from the query template, I wanted to know if I should modify
> the existing log command or implement a separate one? Although,
> I think if we implement a new one we'll have a certain level of flexibility
> for achieving our purpose.

There's a lot of flexibility already, because the log format is just omegascript. So I don't think you need to implement a new command to achieve this. (Although you might need a command to generate the query id. It depends on how you're going to do that.)

> > The [] means that the second parameter is optional.
>
> Thanks, it's clear to me now. I didn't come across the fact that
> the parameters in square brackets are assumed to be optional.

That's actually a fairly common syntax (for instance, at a bash prompt type "help"), so useful to know :)

 James Aylett
 devfort.com — spacelog.org — tartarus.org/james/