Regarding Letor Click Data Mining Project

James Aylett james at tartarus.org
Thu Mar 2 21:51:15 GMT 2017

On 2 Mar 2017, at 11:49, Gautam Dudeja <gautam9622 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am interested in the Project: Learning to Rank Click Data Mining. From the project details given, I think the aim of the project is to make the Letor module more usable by providing the training data to it from the real time search results.
> The training data is to be generated from the click data which is basically the query-document pair.
> I have gone through the format of Training data as provided in xapian-letor/docs/letor.rst.
> I want to know, Are we saving the click data/ search log somewhere?
> Please provide me some advice about my understanding of this project.

Hi Gautam. You're basically on the right track here — the wrinkle is that there's no standard format for click data, and so we'll have to provide some ways of people getting it. That will probably involve extending Omega to log things suitably to be able to do that, and should definitely include some clear documentation so people can get it working if they aren't on Omega.

 James Aylett, occasional troublemaker & project governance
 xapian.org