GSoC 2017: Letor Click Data Mining

Vivek Pal vivekpal.dtu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 02:18:17 GMT 2017

> Yes, but you need to then _use_ letor in displaying omega results.
> Otherwise you've just trained the model.

Okay, I got your point. Thanks.

Now, after all the discussion I have a pretty clear understanding of
different parts of this project and I can see how the possible workflow
would look like. I can proceed to writing my proposal now. I'll get it into
the GSoC system as soon as it's ready to get some helpful feedback from
you and Olly on how to improve it further. I realise I'm running a few days
late already.

> There may be, but that's really a different project. If you find anything
> that sounds promising, maybe add it for possible follow-up; I suspect
> there's more than enough for a summer project already.

There are really just click models with different level of complexities that
I've encountered so far in the papers that I read.

One thing that could be set as a stretch goal is that once we have one click
model in place and working this summer, we can then add different variants
of it or may be even some of the more recent ones. That way, people can
have more than one click model to choose from depending upon their needs
just like there are different weighting schemes to choose from in xapian-core.

Thanks,
Vivek