[Xapian-discuss] postlist-errors due to already fixed bugs or not?

Arjen van der Meijden arjen@glas.its.tudelft.nl
Tue, 01 Jun 2004 22:14:59 +0200

On 1-6-2004 20:35, Olly Betts wrote:

> On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 12:42:41PM +0200, Arjen van der Meijden wrote:
>
>>I've downloaded 0.8.0 and reindexed our database with that. Due to two
>>system-crashes, the index process had to be restarted twice, and the
>>postlist contains errors again...
>

> It sounds like there's definitely a subtle bug then.
>
> I'm currently going through the code carefully to see if I can spot any
> problems.  It's slow going I'm afraid, because it's something I need to
> do when I'm feeling fresh.

Currently I have a database that has only seen added documents (and
doesn't contain errors) and the same database that has seen about 1700
"document changes", where about half was a replacement and half a new
document (which does contain errors).

These databases where created without any system crash or other
interruption, there weren't even concurrent searches in that same
database at the time of its creation.

If you think it has any use to have a look at those two postlist's and
their differences, let me know.

Best regards,

Arjen