[Xapian-discuss] postlist-errors due to already fixed bugs or not?

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 19:35:39 +0100

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 12:42:41PM +0200, Arjen van der Meijden wrote:
> I've downloaded 0.8.0 and reindexed our database with that. Due to two
> system-crashes, the index process had to be restarted twice, and the
> postlist contains errors again...

It sounds like there's definitely a subtle bug then.

I'm currently going through the code carefully to see if I can spot any
problems.  It's slow going I'm afraid, because it's something I need to
do when I'm feeling fresh.

> How atomic are those write-batches of scriptindex?

Each flush (implicit or explicit) should be completely atomic.