[Xapian-discuss] Help!Omega8 Installation error

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Tue, 11 May 2004 01:24:32 +0100

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 05:13:57PM -0700, MA,HONGYAN wrote:
> Hi, I tried to install Omega and Xapin core 8.0 , but got some error I don't
> know how to handle. Would anybody help me out? Thanks a million!
>
> [snip]
>  omindex.cc:443: error: `add_term' undeclared (first use this function)

OK, add_term_nopos was renamed to add_term in xapian-core 0.8.0, and
omega 0.8.0 uses the new name.

So I suspect what's happening is that there's an older version of
xapian-core also installed, and that omega's configure is picking
up that version.

Try this from the omega directory:

grep xapian-config config.log

One of the lines found should look something like:

configure:18036: result: /u1/olly/install/bin/xapian-config

The number and path may be different.  What is the path?  Is it the same
one you installed xapian-core on (the default is /usr/local)?

Then run *that* xapian-config with --version - in my case that's:

/u1/olly/install/bin/xapian-config --version

What version is reported?