[Xapian-discuss] Help!Omega8 Installation error

MA,HONGYAN hym@ucla.edu
Mon, 10 May 2004 17:13:57 -0700

Hi, I tried to install Omega and Xapin core 8.0 , but got some error I don't
know how to handle. Would anybody help me out? Thanks a million!

Here's some information about it:
Platform: Mac OS  10.3.3  with GCC 3.3.1
Situation: I've successfully installed Xapian library and the examples,
i.e., I went through the steps of configure, make and make install.
However, when I completed the step of configure in Omega installation and
tried to compile it with make, some error messages show up. It looks like:

clio:/users/hma/xapian/omega-0.8.0 hma$ make
 make  all-am
 source='omindex.cc' object='omindex.o' libtool=no \
 depfile='.deps/omindex.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/omindex.TPo' \
 depmode=gcc3 /bin/sh ./depcomp \
 g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.    -I/usr/local/include -g -O2 -c -o
 omindex.o `test -f 'omindex.cc' || echo './'`omindex.cc
 omindex.cc: In function `void index_file(const std::string&, const
 std::string&, long int)':
 omindex.cc:443: error: `add_term' undeclared (first use this function)
 omindex.cc:443: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
 once for  each function it appears in.)
 make[1]: *** [omindex.o] Error 1
 make: *** [all] Error 2

I didn't touch the code at all. Since Xapian is totally new to me, I 'm not
sure what I can do with it. Thanks for your help.