[Xapian-discuss] Swig bug for PHP

James Aylett james-xapian@tartarus.org
Wed, 26 May 2004 16:59:09 +0100

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 05:45:18PM +0200, rm@fabula.de wrote:

> > OK, we now required 1.3.20 (in CVS, and so 0.8.1 will too).
>
> Hmm, so i have to dump my perfectly nice working swig-1.3.19 ;-/
> I'd say: if the build doesn't " .... dependent on any of the features  ..."
> such a limitation seems to be too restrictive.  It would be trivial
> to add a makefile rule to touch std_common.i  iff it doesn't exist.

No it wouldn't, because the SWIG install probably won't be writable by
the building user.

There were about eight months between 1.3.19 and 1.3.20. It seems
likely that /something/ useful came out of that from our point of
view; I have a vague feeling someone rewrote the STL string support to
be NUL-safe, for instance.

Looking quickly at the changelog, a lot happened to directors, which
the Python bindings use. There are lots of other C++-related
bugfixes, by the look of things.

I'm in favour of keeping 1.3.20 as the minimum required version. Sorry
:)

  james@tartarus.org                               uncertaintydivision.org