[Xapian-discuss] Stemming and Query Parsing

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Oct 18 19:06:03 BST 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 01:58:16PM -0400, Mike Boone wrote:
> I wasn't able to find C_isnotsign in the xapian-core code...can you point me
> to it?

That's what it is in CVS HEAD.  But the C_is* stuff is quite new so it
may not have been like that in the last release.

> I did find some code that looks like it handles the extra characters
> in the function yylex2() of queryparser.cc

That's the place.

> (also in queryparser.yy - what's a .yy file?)

It's Bison source (usually it's .y, but this is C++ so we use .yy) -
queryparser.cc is generated from queryparser.yy using Bison.

If you just want to make a minor tweak locally, modifying the generated
file is a reasonable approach.  If you do modify the .yy be sure to
configure with --enable-maintainer-mode or the file won't be regenerated!

> Is this the correct place to modify the code, or should I look
> elsewhere?

That's the place.