[Xapian-discuss] xapian + plpgsql crash? have backtrace...

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat Oct 30 10:40:10 BST 2004

On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 12:53:24AM -0700, Eric Parusel wrote:
> Olly Betts wrote:
> >Is Xapian being used in a threaded way here?  QueryParser currently uses
> >a few global static objects (because it uses Bison) which means it's
> >currently not safely reentrant.
>
> Well, I'm not sure what magic pl/perl uses to do it's job, but the
> function (shown earlier in this thread) is relatively simple, I think.
> I've never really tinkered with perl and threads...

Does it all work if you don't use QueryParser, but instead use something
like:

  my $stem = Search::Xapian::Stemmer(q|english|);
  my $q = Search::Xapian::QueryParser(OP_AND, map {$stem->stem_word($_)} split /\W+/, $query);
  my $enq = $db->enquire($q);

If so, that would suggest it is indeed the QueryParser.