[Xapian-discuss] bindings - python module

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Sep 2 18:49:45 BST 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 11:24:18AM -0600, gervin23 wrote:
> exactly. it had originally installed _xapian.a, _xapian.la, _xapian, and
> xapian.py to /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages. then by renaming _xapian
> to _xapian.so it worked.

James: We don't want _xapian.a installing there, do we?  I think that's
just a hangover from when I changed it to use libtool to build the
shared libraries for the bindings...

> i'm using 0.8.1.

OK.  I'm close to releasing 0.8.2 but I'll run a test build of the
python bindings to check this is actually solved before I do.  I'll also
check my libtool installation and nuke any cruft from older versions.