[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 0.8.2 released

Fabrice Colin fabrice.colin at ntlworld.com
Sun Sep 19 22:35:51 BST 2004

Olly Betts wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 08:40:53PM +0100, Fabrice Colin wrote:
>>- Changed base package's Group as this now contains binaries only.
>>Maybe "Applications/File" would be better suited ?
>
> Hmm, Applications/Internet doesn't really sound right.  There's nothing
> particularly Internet related in here.  But then File doesn't really
> sound right.  That we use files isn't really the important thing.  But
> maybe there isn't a good category available...

Yes, it's not obvious...
Amongst widely used packages, one that deals with indexes is slocate,
and it's classified as "Applications/File".
I guess if the xapian-core RPM included some kind of htdig-like Web
crawler, "Internet" would be better suited.

> This doesn't sound right:
>
> BuildRequires: autoconf
>
> The tarballs should already have been bootstrapped.  Once that's done
> autoconf shouldn't be required...

Oops yes, you're right, it shouldn't be in any of the spec files.

Fabrice