[Xapian-discuss] Indexing database to work with Omega

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Dec 19 06:30:55 GMT 2005

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 07:42:34PM -0200, Rafael Jorge wrote:
> but I was need edit omega.cc to change the
> Stemming language, as I was say, I'm Brazilian, so, "english" don't is for
> me, so, I can change this to "portuguese", but I don't need the Stemming
> algorithm, so, I set it to "none", and now is working perfectly!!!

No need to edit the code for this - just add this to the top of your
OmegaScript template:

$set{stemmer,none}

This is documented in docs/omegascript.txt:

    $set{OPT,VALUE}
        set option value which may be looked up using $opt.  You can use
        options as variables (for example, to store values you want to reuse
        without recomputing).  There are also several which Omega looks at
        and which you can set or use:

        * decimal - the decimal separator ("." by default - localised query
          templates may want to set this to ",").
        * thousand - the thousands separator ("," by default - localised query
          templates may want to set this to ".", " ", or "").
        * stemmer - which stemming language to use ("english" by default, other
          values are as understood by Xapian::Stem, so "none" means no
          stemming).