[Xapian-discuss] Status of the Guile and C# bindings?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Dec 20 10:58:30 GMT 2005

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 10:51:42AM +0000, James Aylett wrote:
> > Aha, you need to call Xapian.Xapian.inmemory_open()!
>
> Is that due to the nested namespace? Weird...

Because C# doesn't support functions outside a class, they get wrapped
as static methods of a class with the same name as the namespace.  So
Xapian is a namespace and Xapian.Xapian a class which only has static
methods.

But I've just worked out I can lie to SWIG in xapian.i and pretend that
InMemory is a class with a private ctor and dtor, and then it'll wrap
Xapian::InMemory::open() as Xapian.InMemory.open(), which seems much
better.