[Xapian-discuss] Multiple sites and Omega

Martin Thornquist martint at ifi.uio.no
Tue Dec 20 10:59:19 GMT 2005

Hi,

If this is in the docs somewhere I'm sorry, please point me there; I
haven't been able to find what I need either in the provided docs, or
on this list. That might be due to my lack of understanding of search
software, though.

I have two sites, and try to index them with omindex according to the
example in docs/overview.txt in the Omega distribution. However, when
I index the second site, omindex prints "Indexing ...", and then
"Deleted document #x" for all the documents indexed in the first pass.
True enough, omega does not find matches in the first site, just the
second, when I try searching.

I also wonder about how to specify the site when searching; Google's
"site:..." syntax seems not to be supported.

My setup is very simple: I have two directories with a number of PDF
files in each, and would like to search in them separately. I use
release 0.9.2.

Apart from the site issues, Xapian/Omega seems to work very well. :-)

Martin
--
"An ideal world is left as an exercise to the reader."
                                                 -Paul Graham, On Lisp