[Xapian-discuss] Re: Multiple sites and Omega

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Dec 20 12:41:37 GMT 2005

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 01:01:24PM +0100, Martin Thornquist wrote:
> > Assuming the two sites have different hostnames,
>
> They do not, they're just two directories on the same host. From the
> example indexing in Omega's overview.txt:
>
> $ omindex --db /www/omega --url '/press' /www/example/press
> $ omindex --db /www/omega --url '/product' /www/example/product
>
> I assumed that would work.

You could use $set{boolprefix,P,site} - then "site:/press" and
"site:/product" will work.  But I suspect you don't want the "/" there.
If you're happy with a drop-down list or radio buttons to select the
site, then this will work though.

I've been thinking that perhaps we should have named subsites.  That makes
it much easier to delete documents that have been removed from a subsite
(just iterate over postings for the subsite term and check them against
the bit vector of updated docids).  And it helps here too.