[Xapian-discuss] Building Xapian and Python Bindings for Windows: Solved

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Dec 27 22:43:11 GMT 2005

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 10:55:52PM +0100, Patrick M?zard wrote:
> I have finally managed to build xapian-core 0.9.2 and xapian python
> bindings for Windows/Python 2.3. Here is a summary of what I did, maybe
> it could be helpful for someone else, who knows.

Thanks.  I'll work through these and try to fix things so they just work
out of the box, or failing that document the issues.

> The following posts where especially useful:
> - http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.search.xapian.general/1645 :
> win32/find.exe vs unix/find

That should no longer be an issue in 0.9.2 - I redid the code which used
find and it now looks at the contents of the Makefile.am-s instead.

Did you actually hit this issue (in which case something's amiss)?  Or
did you just read about it and take steps to avoid it?