[Xapian-discuss] Query Parser and Indexes

Ted Jordan ted at qtis.co.nz
Fri Dec 30 00:31:51 GMT 2005

The documentation on the Query Parser says

"If the database has been indexed with prefixes on probabilistic terms from
certain fields, you can set up a prefix map so that the user can search within
those fields. For example author:dickens title:shop might find documents by
dickens with shop in the title. You can also specify a prefix on a quoted
phrase or on a bracketed expression"

I've added a term using the (PHP wrapper) syntax:

Document_add_term($doc, 'extid:1234');  // for example

When I submit the string 'extid:1234' to the Query Parser I don't get any
results and Query_get_description($query) displays:

Xapian::Query((extid:(pos=1) PHRASE 2 1234:(pos=2)))

I'm obviously doing something wrong - any ideas?

Thanks,
-Ted.