[Xapian-discuss] Building on Windows

Craig Lee Craig.Lee at noetix.com
Wed Jun 8 21:34:36 BST 2005

It looks like, by default, that the $HOME variable in the cygwin sh is
set to your user directory under Windows XP.  This defaults to
"c:\documents and settings\username".  Before I changed my $HOME
setting, if I tried to 'cd $HOME' I would get an error that
'/cygdrive/c/documents could not be found'.  Also, no files would ever
show up under that directory when I ran "make".

It seemed to work once I set my $HOME variable to a path with no spaces.
Sending the --prefix was probably overkill once I changed my $HOME.

cl.