[Xapian-discuss] Flint Backend

Arjen van der Meijden acmmailing at tweakers.net
Thu Jun 30 21:52:40 BST 2005

On 27-6-2005 0:45, Olly Betts wrote:
> OK, so comparing against the non-zlib, we're a bit better for postlist,
> and a bit worse for record/termlist/value.  I suspect that's mostly
> down to the longer keys, which will be resolved when I replace the Btree
> manager (I'm going to make the key compare a virtual function which can
> be different for each table, rather than having to encode the keys in
> such a way that the byte contents compare in the desired order).

Btw, do you have any idea when you'll be able to do this? If its a
matter of days or a few weeks, I'll hold of a conversion from our
quartz-database to flint for the time being. Otherwise I'll probably
convert our database somewhere next week since the current flint
implementation seems to perform very well. (Unless there are stability
issues?)

Best regards,

Arjen