[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 0.9.0 released

Arjen van der Meijden acmmailing at tweakers.net
Sat May 14 08:54:37 BST 2005

Hi Olly,

I have a few questions according this release:

Is a database-rebuild advised? Is the zlib-patch you sent me a few days
back valid for this release or is that zlib-work incorporated in this
version?

I noticed this change in the build-system:
* configure: If any tools needed for documentation are missing
   and we're in maintainer mode, die with a suitable error in
   configure rather than with strange errors when building the
   documentation.

For the zlib-addition I needed to use maintainer-mode, but afaik I don't
have the appropriate tools for the documentation and I don't really need
the documentation to be built, previously it continued and built
perfectly, is that still the case?

Did you incorporate the improved/reversed sorting already in omega? Btw,
I couldn't find that change in the news-file?

Best regards,

Arjen van der Meijden